Lot 295
|
Najaarsveiling 2016
update-catalogue
Verkocht
Tjitske Geertruida Maria Hettinga Tromp (1872-1962)

'Interior of St. Martenschurch at Zaltbommel', The Netherlands

with monogram lower right and dated 1945

oil on canvas, 47x30 cm

Exhibition: 'Women's International Art Club', London, 1947. Provenance: Kunsthandel G.J. Nieuwenhuizen Segaar, Anna Paulownastraat, The Hague (labels on the reverse)


Women's International Art Club (WIAC): The idea of a women's art club originated in 1899 with a handful of artists in a Paris studio, at a time when most women were unable to take part in professional activities. The club was founded in Paris in 1900. The object of the club was to enable women of all nationalities to arrange exhibitions of a professional standard. The original title of the club was the Paris Club, this was changed to Women's International Art Club after the first exhibition. Exhibitions were held in a variety of London galleries. In 1947 the annual exhibition was opened by Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, who became patron of the club the same year. (Source: http://archiveshub.ac.uk)

€ 500,00
€ 500,00
€ 800,00

Hamerprijs: € 800

outbid-warning
Overboden